Our last “If We Were Having Coffee” post was really popular so we thought we’d make it a more regular feature on the blog. It’s a great way for people to catch up with what we’re doing whilst there’s so much change in our lives. So, here goes…If we were having coffee, here’s what we’d tell you:
- It’s our birthday tomorrow! We’ll be 29 but most of the focus is on how we’ll be spending our 30th next year. It definitely has to be together, but whether that’s in the UK, US, or somewhere else, who knows. Hint to our partners; get planning now….
- We’re off to the Russian River this weekend for a few days and absolutely can’t wait. We’re planning to tour a few wineries, kayak down the river and generally just relax in the sunshine.
- Yesterday I did a 20 mile run and am so relieved to have it out the way. I actually felt quite strong throughout and it’s made me feel a lot more confident about the marathon next month.
- I’ve had a few ups and downs this week. Some days I completely embrace the city and feel so lucky to have some time out of work, whilst on other days I feel really worthless and lazy. I’m beginning to network and develop some career goals which I’m looking forward to sharing with you when they’re a little more established.
- I feel so lucky to have met some great people in the city and feel like we’re really beginning to make a life here in San Francisco which is a great feeling.
- This weekend I’m missing one of my best friends’ hen-do. I knew I’d miss out on a lot of things when I moved to the US but it’s extra hard when you know all your friends are together and you’re not there.
- Bex will be here in 3 weeks and I can’t wait! I’ve already told her that she has to give me a restorative yoga class everyday before my marathon, and fortunately she agreed 🙂
- This is actually Jess writing on behalf of Bex as she’s too busy with bridesmaid duties to do it herself 🙂 Fortunately I know everything about her life so it’s quite easy for me step in….
- This weekend she’s a bridesmaid for her lovely friend Lottie. They’ve been friends since school and it was actually Lottie who got Bex into running; they ran their first 10K together!
- After the wedding she’s jetting off to Ibiza for a week with her boyfriend before flying back for his sister’s wedding next weekend. Nothing like living it up. She hasn’t stopped talking about this holiday to Ibiza since she booked it; apparently it’s a very snazzy hotel with waiter service to the sun loungers so she intends to have cocktails delivered to her bedside all day long…
- She’s hypothetically writing her Master’s dissertation at the moment although whether she’s got any words on paper I’m not so sure. When she comes to visit we’re planning a few study sessions where she can write her dissertation while I get on with some work too. Just like our school days.
- With all this travelling I’m not sure she’ll fit much triathlon training in over the next few weeks, but fortunately she’s an expert at winging it, and will do great either way!
I think that’s it for this week… what would you tell us if we were having coffee?
Apologies, but there won’t be a blog post tomorrow. I didn’t have time to pre-schedule one, and given it’s my birthday I’m just going to embrace the day, screen free 🙂