A while ago we read a few ‘if we were having coffee…’ posts and think it’s a great way to share what’s going on behind a blog or Instagram account. As fitness and health bloggers, we only share a snapshot of our lives with our readers, so it’s difficult to give a balanced account of how things are going. Of course, there are things we like to keep private, but it’s not all yoga and early morning gym sessions! So, if we were sitting down to have a coffee, this is what we’d be telling you…
BEX WOULD SAY…
- I’m really struggling to fit everything in at the moment. Working as a school teacher with yoga teaching on the side, doing a part-time masters and working on the blog has started to take its toll on me a little. I’ve been pretty stressed and exhausted for the last few weeks, but things are starting to be on the up!
- Now Jess is working less than full-time she’s got time to concentrate on the blog as well as forging a freelance career and I dream about doing the same… I’d love to do my current job for 2 days a week and teach yoga/blog for the rest of it. Sadly, this is a long way off but something that I’m hoping may happen in the future.
- I’m loving my workouts at the moment: mixing circuits, yoga, swimming and running is suiting me well and I’m feeling the fittest and strongest I’ve felt in a long time.
- In December, Jess and I are heading to Italy for 4 days with her husband and my boyfriend, which I’m so excited about! We’re flying into Nice to visit the Christmas markets and spending the rest of our time exploring the Ligurian coast. I can’t wait for fresh coffee, beach walks and a lot of carbs! We’re not spending Christmas together this year (for the 3rd year in a row!) so it will be quite a special weekend.
- Since Jess got back from Kilimajaro I’ve been thinking about signing up for a Base Camp Everest Trek – it’s a big decision to make so I’m weighing up whether or not it’s realistic.
- I’m absolutely loving being an auntie to my gorgeous nephew Matthew, and niece Bess. It’s amazing watching them grow up – they’re interested in everything and are so hilarious. (Have we told you we have an older brother and sister, too?!)
- I’m addicted to dahl at the moment… I literally eat it every single day (needless to say I’m in a state of permanent bloating!)
JESS WOULD SAY…
- I’ve just got back from a weekend away with my girlfriends which was so much fun. It was our ten year University reunion and we celebrated in the best possible way- by returning for a Saturday night at the Student Union. We were pretty impressed by our ability to stay out late and party like we used to. It’s safe to say it’s not something we could do on a regular basis anymore!
- I’m so excited about the Cosmo Blog Awards on Thursday. We’ve planned our outfits, inevitably including a pair of heels I can’t walk in. I never get to go to swanky events, so I’m looking forward to a night out with my sis as well as the opportunity to meet all the other shortlisted bloggers.
- I’m loving my new “training for life” schedule and the flexibility it gives me. This week I missed a few workouts but loved the ones I managed. It’s refreshing to not feel guilty for skipping a workout.
- My work as a GP is pretty intense but hugely rewarding at the same time. I’ve reduced my hours which will hopefully help with my stress levels as well as giving me the opportunity to develop the blog and look for some freelance work as well.
- I’ve started studying Italian again as if you didn’t know, I’m married to an Italian- Scot and we travel there a lot. I’d love to be fluent one day so I need to get practicing!
SO, IF WE WERE HAVING COFFEE, WHAT WOULD YOU TELL US?
JESS & BEX XXX